A Homemade Life
Welcome to Homemade Life.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if not ....

Chilli-head
A Homemade Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 112 on 8th October 2020, 7:09 am
Latest topics
» Hungry Birds
by Dirick55 7th December 2023, 6:04 am

» PRESENTATION
by Chilli-head 23rd November 2023, 2:55 pm

» New Kiva loan
by Chilli-head 21st July 2023, 12:35 pm

» A peat-free compost is top in UK Which? magazine trial
by Dandelion 25th April 2023, 9:42 pm

» New gardening year 2023
by Chilli-head 5th March 2023, 10:15 pm

» What have I done in the workshop today?
by Dandelion 2nd December 2022, 1:12 pm

» What are you harvesting today?
by Dandelion 2nd December 2022, 1:12 pm

» Wartime marrow casserole
by Dandelion 18th October 2022, 4:42 pm

» Late sowings in August ... beans ?
by Ploshkin 11th August 2022, 9:29 am

» Come August, come night in the garden
by Chilli-head 4th August 2022, 3:29 pm

» Welcome guest
by Ploshkin 31st July 2022, 9:16 am

» The Jolly July Garden
by Ploshkin 19th July 2022, 11:38 am

» More mead ...
by Chilli-head 13th July 2022, 12:52 pm

» The June garden thread
by Dandelion 25th June 2022, 9:55 pm

» Plastic bags
by Dandelion 5th June 2022, 7:28 pm

» The merry May garden
by Dandelion 31st May 2022, 10:04 pm

» Fooling around in the April garden
by freebird 1st May 2022, 8:33 am

» March into the garden
by Dandelion 1st April 2022, 7:26 pm

» Mow Suggestions
by freebird 29th March 2022, 5:48 pm

» Some thoughts on resilience
by Ploshkin 12th March 2022, 2:23 pm

Statistics
We have 270 registered users
The newest registered user is Lloyd

Our users have posted a total of 48045 messages in 2416 subjects
Pages we like:

Hello, I'm Lizbuff aka Sparkleberrie Hca_button

Hello, I'm Lizbuff aka Sparkleberrie

+3
Compostwoman
MrsC
Lizbuff13
7 posters

Go down

Hello, I'm Lizbuff aka Sparkleberrie Empty Hello, I'm Lizbuff aka Sparkleberrie

Post by Lizbuff13 31st July 2010, 4:45 pm

My name is Elizabeth and I live in beautiful Willamette Valley of Oregon, USA near the capital city of Salem.

I said "Hello" earlier and told a little about myself, but thought I would go ahead and add it to member profiles. It is nice to read about all of you as well, so I thought I should join the crowd!

I live on an acre of land which has two homes on it, mine and my parents. It is large enough for two nice yards, a shop and a large garden plot. At times I wish I had more land, but then I realize that I have a hard enough time managing the ground that I have!

I always seek ways to live my life simply aside from that one little problem of having to work full-time. I am on a journey of simplifying, asking myself of the "want vs. the need". Always looking to reduce the plastic, chemicals, toxins, mental garbage, etc in my life. Always looking for a way to do it the way it used to be done....before plastic.....and packaging and marketing....you get my drift.

I love to cook, bake, sew and garden. I love my family and the beauty of nature around me. I live in an abundant valley full of farms, fruits and vegetables, and orchards. I am close to the ocean and the mountains, nestled between both of them. I love a beach walk or a vigorous snow shoe!

I belong to a coop of women who buy together, farm fresh, raw, organic, whatever we can get our hands on. My most recent adventure has been making fresh mexican style cheese with my farm fresh raw milk. It is delicious! It makes the best yogurt and butter too!

Right now (July 31), the garden is finally going in to full swing. It was a slow start for us this year because of a very wet, cold June. I have Rhubarb coming out of my ears. I have had 2 pickings since I transplanted in the early spring....I am surprised really.

I am turning 47 soon, I have two grown son's 28 & 23 and would like to have more time to blog my busyness....but I only get to it from time to time. Please feel free to click on my www link and check out some of what I have been up to.

I am so excited to find this forum and when I have time I will be looking for or sharing ideas. Feel free to contact me if I am doing something you are interested in. I will be happy to share what I know about it.....It is amazing the number of miles that separate most of us and yet we all can appreciate.....Living Simply!
Lizbuff13
Lizbuff13

http://www.sparkleberrieplace.org

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm Lizbuff aka Sparkleberrie Empty Re: Hello, I'm Lizbuff aka Sparkleberrie

Post by MrsC 31st July 2010, 6:30 pm

Hi there Elizabeth - thanks for telling us all about you. I look forward to hearing what you get up to. Feel free to pop into the tea room at some point to join us for a cuppa.

Mrs C
MrsC
MrsC
Homemade Moderator

http://www.beingmrsc.com

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm Lizbuff aka Sparkleberrie Empty Re: Hello, I'm Lizbuff aka Sparkleberrie

Post by Compostwoman 31st July 2010, 6:32 pm

Hello!

Very interesting reading about you here and on your blog.

We had a really fine spring here, but then a very dry spell, and so a lot of my veg patch is actually approaching the end of some things about a month early!
Compostwoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31st July 2010, 7:18 pm

Interesting Liz. Can you do a making cheese thread in the preserving section? (seems the best fit!) I for one would be looking at it very closely. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian 31st July 2010, 7:20 pm

I would love to know more about your cheese making exploits..
Adrian
Adrian
Founder and crotchety old git who wanders around in a threadbare dressing gown muttering

http://www.paradisepapercraft.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Dandelion 31st July 2010, 8:17 pm

I share the experience/joys/frustrations of working full time too (but get the long school holidays which is a compensation!)

Where you live sounds stunning - any chance of any photos??
Dandelion
Dandelion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilhelm Von Rhomboid 31st July 2010, 9:12 pm

I'd love to hear more about the cheese making too. Learning to make cheese was my aim for this year but as usual other things have got in the way and the year is zipping by. Ho hum.
Wilhelm Von Rhomboid
Wilhelm Von Rhomboid

http://www.killandcure.net/blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by polgara 31st July 2010, 9:22 pm

I just love the piccy on your website that hits you when you go in. The other piccies are great too.
polgara
polgara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum