A Homemade Life
Welcome to Homemade Life.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if not ....

Chilli-head
A Homemade Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 112 on 8th October 2020, 7:09 am
Latest topics
» Hungry Birds
by Dirick55 7th December 2023, 6:04 am

» PRESENTATION
by Chilli-head 23rd November 2023, 2:55 pm

» New Kiva loan
by Chilli-head 21st July 2023, 12:35 pm

» A peat-free compost is top in UK Which? magazine trial
by Dandelion 25th April 2023, 9:42 pm

» New gardening year 2023
by Chilli-head 5th March 2023, 10:15 pm

» What have I done in the workshop today?
by Dandelion 2nd December 2022, 1:12 pm

» What are you harvesting today?
by Dandelion 2nd December 2022, 1:12 pm

» Wartime marrow casserole
by Dandelion 18th October 2022, 4:42 pm

» Late sowings in August ... beans ?
by Ploshkin 11th August 2022, 9:29 am

» Come August, come night in the garden
by Chilli-head 4th August 2022, 3:29 pm

» Welcome guest
by Ploshkin 31st July 2022, 9:16 am

» The Jolly July Garden
by Ploshkin 19th July 2022, 11:38 am

» More mead ...
by Chilli-head 13th July 2022, 12:52 pm

» The June garden thread
by Dandelion 25th June 2022, 9:55 pm

» Plastic bags
by Dandelion 5th June 2022, 7:28 pm

» The merry May garden
by Dandelion 31st May 2022, 10:04 pm

» Fooling around in the April garden
by freebird 1st May 2022, 8:33 am

» March into the garden
by Dandelion 1st April 2022, 7:26 pm

» Mow Suggestions
by freebird 29th March 2022, 5:48 pm

» Some thoughts on resilience
by Ploshkin 12th March 2022, 2:23 pm

Statistics
We have 270 registered users
The newest registered user is Lloyd

Our users have posted a total of 48045 messages in 2416 subjects
Similar topics
Pages we like:

It's not all beautiful knits and seamless embroideries Hca_button

It's not all beautiful knits and seamless embroideries

+2
Aberlemno
Lakshmi
6 posters

Go down

It's not all beautiful knits and seamless embroideries Empty It's not all beautiful knits and seamless embroideries

Post by Lakshmi 18th July 2010, 5:11 pm

Last week, I had to unpick a good 15 cm of knitted pullover as it was ghastly. I had tried to be clever and it was going all 'orribly wrong. So I decided to cut my losses and just undo the lot.

I will knit something else when I am inspired.

I've got lots of knits that I started and then I have left them in one of my bags. hit on an issue and cannot find a way out of or don't want to unpick my work just yet, hoping for the knitting fairy to turn up.

I decided to create that thread so we can all take heart that yes, not 100% of our crafting equates to magnificent finished item... and who cares?
Lakshmi
Lakshmi

Back to top Go down

It's not all beautiful knits and seamless embroideries Empty Re: It's not all beautiful knits and seamless embroideries

Post by Aberlemno 18th July 2010, 5:57 pm

I've got half-knitted socks like that too Lakshmi! Abandoned until I am in the mood to start over again . . . Lots of half-finished or just-started x-stitch projects too, though those are "right" rather than unpickers . . . No-one gets stuff right all the time. I did a little knitted pony, thinking at the time that the pattern for the neck gave far too short a neck and by the time I'd stuffed it the creature greatly resembled a hippo! Well, they are vaguely related aren't they?
Aberlemno

http://codlinsandcream2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

It's not all beautiful knits and seamless embroideries Empty Re: It's not all beautiful knits and seamless embroideries

Post by danksshady 18th July 2010, 8:01 pm

I have some knitted socks too - most of them waiting for heels to be turned - also several other half knitted things It's not all beautiful knits and seamless embroideries Icon_redface I have 2 half embroidered table cloths too and a couple of started x-stitches - I did have loads of cross stitch kits but gave them away as i had too much and was never going to do them
danksshady
danksshady

Back to top Go down

Post by Dandelion 18th July 2010, 8:02 pm

I like planning projects, and getting the bits together, then something usually happens (like a visitor or family crisis) and the project gets stowed away. I have all the bits cut out for some patchwork cushion covers, everything assembled for sock knitting but i just need the time..... It's not all beautiful knits and seamless embroideries Icon_rolleyes
Dandelion
Dandelion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC 18th July 2010, 8:16 pm

I dare not tell anyone just how many half finished projects I think they outnumber finished projects over my lifetime... Embarassed

Mrs C
MrsC
MrsC
Homemade Moderator

http://www.beingmrsc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Compostwoman 20th August 2010, 12:40 am

This thread makes me feel SO much better about my attempts....

I view all of you as much better at all this than me, and to read you have stuff lurking, unfinished, makes me feel a lot less inadequate!

Very Happy
Compostwoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberlemno 20th August 2010, 7:20 am

I noticed on someones blog, that they were having a "20 minutes a day" challenge where participants sat down for at least 20 minutes every day to work on a craft project - most folk choosing to try and finish of their stash of "unfinisheds" (see, we are not alone, it's universal!) I joined in too, anonymously, and it really does motivate you to get going again - I sometimes think that the hardest part is actually picking up a project again, and working out where you'd got to.

So here's to the "20 minutes a day". I am going to blow the dust off my Devon village x-stitch which got put away in late spring when everything got so hectic here.

Any other contenders?
Aberlemno

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC 20th August 2010, 8:14 am

I like the 20 minute idea - as long as I can convince LMC to have a nap of at least 20 minutes each day!

Mrs C
MrsC
MrsC
Homemade Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th August 2010, 8:20 am

Aberlemno wrote:So here's to the "20 minutes a day". I am going to blow the dust off my Devon village x-stitch which got put away in late spring when everything got so hectic here.

Any other contenders?

Agree about the picking it up and working out where you are. lol!

Shall pick up my "owl & pussycat" tapestry cushion and finish it. Am currently re-knitting a jumper now I've got thinnner Very Happy , so shall have some wool over for more socks Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by danksshady 20th August 2010, 8:38 am

brilliant idea - I will have 20 minutes today on my bathroom latch hook rug set
danksshady
danksshady

Back to top Go down

Post by Compostwoman 20th August 2010, 4:34 pm

HAve started on the hat....only done 20 mins as I am very stiff today, but feel better for having at least cast on, while following a pattern( yay! go , me!)

Last edited by Compostwoman on 20th August 2010, 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Compostwoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dandelion 20th August 2010, 4:59 pm

I like this idea of the twenty minute session - it makes it all more do-able. Am raring to go, but am awaiting an X-ray on my right thumb to confirm arthritis as it keeps locking, so will have to go gently.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberlemno 20th August 2010, 7:02 pm

I thought it was a great idea too. 20 minutes doesn't sound too difficult to fit into a busy day. I've done my 20 mins on the Crinoline ladies again this afternoon (unpicking and restitching old pieces of embroidery to rescue them). But I hope to get my x-stitch out tonight.
Aberlemno

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakshmi 23rd August 2010, 8:36 pm

ooooh! look what you've done to this thread! it is so uplifting!

It even makes me want to try the 20 minutes' challenge.
Lakshmi
Lakshmi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dandelion 23rd August 2010, 9:23 pm

Well, I've done my first twenty minutes, casting on and wrestling to produce two rows of ribbing for a sock. It's more than twenty years since I've knitted on double pointed needles, so it's taken a while to refresh my memory, but I'VE STARTED!!!
Dandelion
Dandelion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC 23rd August 2010, 9:32 pm

And today I managed twenty minutes on the cross stitch I am doing for LMC's nursery. Hoping to get it finished this week. Fingers crossed!

Mrs C
MrsC
MrsC
Homemade Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberlemno 23rd August 2010, 10:14 pm

Hah - and I have fallen by the wayside today - no work on the Crinoline Ladies tonight and I still haven't picked up my Devon Village x-stitch, but we DO have our eldest daughter and her boyfriend home for a holiday so things are busier than usual. That's my excuse. Glad the rest of you are going great guns though.
Aberlemno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down